Tuesday, July 27, 2021

07/19/2021 - NAMHSA Welcomes President Elena Lemm

 

The NAMHSA Board of Directors is proud to welcome our new President, Elena Lemm who comes to us from Region 5!

Hi all, I am a long time model horse collector and artist. I started collecting when I was about 5, my first model was the liver chestnut FAM and FAF back when we lived in CO. I found the hobby community about 15 years ago and began showing. My first show was A Midwinter's Night Dream, held by the amazing show host Shannon Southard. I was hooked! Since then, I have been hosting my own shows in my home region, Yay Region 5!! Lemmonade Live, Labor Day Live and Merry Magnolia. I also photo show and am the Champion show coordinator and book designer for MEPSA. In addition to collecting and showing, I also customize models. My passion is drastic customs with mohair, especially Baroque breeds. Since that obviously wasn't enough, I am also the Model Horse Blab director (hobby website) and creator of High Point Ponies (Region 5 hobby club). ;)

In non-model life, I have a successful bookkeeping business and teach horseback riding lessons at the most amazing dressage stable. I have four amazing horses: two mares (Susie and Holly) and two geldings (Snow and Cabernet). I have a very supportive and amazing husband (who doesn't mind how many horses there are in the house and around it) and two beautiful children.

NAMHSA wise, I volunteered with NAMHSA as the fundraising coordinator for two years. I truly believe NAMHSA has a valuable place in the model horse community and that its continuity is important. The National Championship is the ultimate goal for showers, what could be greater? I'd love to see NAMHSA as an organization that not only puts on the most amazing annual model horse show, but also reaches out to new members and encourages participation and involvement within the hobby.

Thank you for taking the time to get to know me better. I hope that you'll give me the opportunity to lead NAMHSA to a brighter future.

Thank you, Elena


The official vote tally is as follows:
President:
Elena Lemm- 96.00% 72
Abstain - 4.00%3
TOTAL 75

No comments:

Post a Comment