Sunday, June 23, 2019

03/01/2019 Resignation of Vice President Beth Patterson


Resignation of Vice President Beth Patterson


Recently, Beth Patterson announced her resignation as Vice President to the NAMHSA Board of Directors. Beth requested we share her announcement with the organization at large. Here is that announcement:

To the Board of Directors (BOD) and all NAMHSA members:
As many of you know I was hospitalized the end of last year. I did not announce it widely but I was diagnosed with renal cancer. Recently I had surgery which successfully removed all the tumor and part of a kidney. I very much appreciate the BOD standing with me through the past months of medical problems and letting me work only as I was able.
Unfortunately since the surgery its become apparent there are still issues I need to deal with and the recovery is going to take much longer than I had hoped. At this time I do not expect to be capable of taking over the presidency in July as scheduled and I do not think its fair to wait any longer to get another VP in place who can handle the 'promotion' and take over .... especially one with the energy to continue Sara and the BOD's ambitious work updating the web site, creating a usable forum and presenting by-law updates to members to better suit future needs.
With that in mind, I have submitted my resignation to the BOD and President effective immediately. I am so so sorry (to those of you who I talked to and who voted me in) that I can't continue right now but I am committed to supporting all the work in progress and to hopefully be able to volunteer for a position with NAMHSA in the future when my health stabilizes.

Beth Patterson, Vice-President, NAMHSA

The Board of Directors wishes Beth the very best for her recovery and future health and thanks her for her time with us.
There will be an announcement in the upcoming days pertaining to filling the vacant position.

No comments:

Post a Comment