Thursday, October 14, 2021

Welcome Region 7 representative, Melissa Steinkamp!

 

The NAMHSA Board of Directors is excited to announce your new Region 7 representative, Melissa Steinkamp!

 

My name is Melissa Steinkamp. I have been involved in the model horse live showing and hobby community for over 20 years. For those of you keeping track, that means my love of all things plastic horse has been around for 2/3rds of my whole life. Many collectors may remember me as a young teenager cutting my live showing teeth at Heather Jackson-Lain’s Model Horses Anonymous, a show I skipped my high school prom to attend. Today, I focus heavily on Original finish Breyer Collectibility and anything ASB!

I am running for region 7 rep for many reasons, but the primary one is that I want to be involved in constructing the future and the present of the hobby and the organization that has meant so much to me. This past year has provided me with ample time to reflect on what I value in my life. The model horse community was consistently at the top of my list of things I am grateful for. I want to see this hobby and this organization flourish and continue to thrive, particularly with younger collectors!

I feel I am uniquely well suited to the position as region representative. My job as a Clinical Psychologist means I am well versed in listening to people’s thoughts and hopes, and particularly their frustrations and concerns. I am excellent at conflict resolution and interpersonal relationship building. I am also very active and reachable via social media, Maning I am involved in the day to day goings on of the hobby.

When I am not working or making plastic horse Tik Toks, I can often be found playing DnD, watching The Office again for the millionth time, making people look at pictures of my cat, or getting sunburned by a pool.


The official vote count is as follows-
Region 7:
Melissa Steinkamp - 83.33%10

Abstain - 16.67%2
TOTAL 12

No comments:

Post a Comment