NAMHSA is currently seeking a qualified individual to take charge of all the ring stewards. Below you will find the requirements and the duties, along with the stipend amount.
NAN HEAD STEWARD
1) Work as Head Steward at NAN *all day, all three days*.
Knowledge of model horse show processes.
3) Familiarity with NAN procedures
and flow - must have prior experience as NAN Chair, Registrar, Steward, or
4) May not show either personally or by proxy any of the three days of
1) Arrive early (before doors open to the showers) each
day, gather stewards, and conduct steward meeting.
2) Assign stewards to
rings as appropriate. Explain flow of classes, calls to rings, location of
class/judges sheets, verifying correct entries, judge assignment, and result
sheets collected and taken to Registrar. Walk stewards through all
3) Monitor rings to confirm stewards are present and have no
4) Answer basic questions from stewards, judges, and entrants as
5) Refer any additional questions/issues to NAN Chair(s) as
6) Transfer models remaining in rings to pony pound
after announcements concerning end of prior class.
7) Enforce "no
pictures" during actual judging of classes.
8) Remind judges (frequently) of
no talking policy while they have clipboards.
9) Assist stewards in
maintaining separation between judges and entrants/spectators while classes
are being judged.
10) Supervise ribbon/awards tables as needed
amount: a total sum of $300 for all 3 days + $10 per day
Please send an email with your qualifications to 2013 NAN Chair, Niki Hertzog by April 7, 2013.