Now that NAN 2013 is history, NAMHSA seeks a NAN 2014 Chairperson or Co-Chairs. So - do you want to help host the largest and most prestigious model horse show in North America? Do you want to give back to the model horse showing hobby? Then please consider applying for the position of NAN Chair.
NAN 2014 will be conducted July 8-10, Tuesday through Thursday, directly before Breyerfest at the Rupp Arena/Heritage Hall in Lexington, Kentucky.
The NAN 2014 Chair will need to be present all three days.
Key responsibilities of the NAN Chair include, but are not limited to:
1. Ongoing contact with the NAN hall (Heritage Hall/Rupp) including arranging for all necessary set up (tables, chairs, catering, etc.).
2. Coordination with the NAN Registrar, including preparing the on line registration program, proofing documents and making recommendations on the NAN class list.
3. Completing all permits and tax documents necessary to hold NAN.
4. Coordinating NAN judges, including soliciting nominations, sending out judge surveys, and assigning classes.
5. Working with NAMHSA's PR coordinator to ensure advertising for NAN.
6. Ordering rosettes for NAN.
7. Ordering resin trophy heads and ensuring those are sent to Auld's Crafters on time.
8. Communicating with Auld's Crafters and ordering the number of plaques needed for NAN (classes plus staff and volunteers).
9. Creating a NAN show program and ensuring its distribution at NAN.
10. Organizing volunteers for NAN, such as ring stewards, announcer, white board organizer, ribbon runners, etc.
11. Ordering judge/volunteer's shirts.
12. Working with the NAN Sponsorship Chair to ensure commitments to sponsors are met.
13. Organizing judge's accommodations (lunches etc.), entrant seating charts, and other day-of-event necessities.
14. Overseeing all NAN operations during the show.
Please note: The NAN Chair does not need to personally do all the above tasks. The NAN Chair is free to delegate to other volunteers but the Chair is ultimately responsible for making sure that all jobs get done. Co-Chairs are possible, but the stipend must be split between the co-chairs. The NAN Chair serves as the head of the NAN Committee. Therefore, the NAN Chair may NOT show at NAN. There is a $525 stipend for this position, which will be paid after NAN 2014 upon successful completion of all tasks and obligations.
If you are interested in being the 2014 NAN Chair, please send a brief resume, including relevant experience (e.g., hosting other live model horse shows, past involvement in NAMHSA), and a statement of interest to NAMHSA President Carra McClelland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in NAMHSA!