All current NAMHSA Showholders and Individual Members may nominate candidates for Vice President.
The NAMHSA 2013 Vice President will take office immediately upon election. He or she will then assume the office of President at NAN 2013. Showholders and Individual Members may nominate anyone for the office (including themselves), however, you MUST be certain the person you are nominating has confirmed he or she is willing to run for office.
Candidates need to be aware that the job requires making a significant time and effort commitment to QUICKLY respond to Board work and issues. Board members assume ultimate responsibility for running NAMHSA and assuring a quality NAN. Regular and reliable email access is required, as the NAMHSA Board is primarily an email entity. The Vice President must be able to read and respond to Board emails nearly every day.
Vice Presidential duties include:
- Act as the first officer to the President to carry out NAMHSA business
- Perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President
- Serve as the President's representative as directed
- Manage the NAMHSA-Discussion Yahoo Group (the VP is the list owner)
- Vote in all Board votes
In addition, the VP will be a member of the Finance Committee, which includes the following duties:
- On-line access to review the NAMHSA financial accounts
- Check the account balance on a random basis (no less than every other week), and view an image of every paid check. After each review, the VP shall post to the BOD the result of the review.
- Receive the paid checks and compare the reconciliations to the bank accounts, notify the finance committee that they have been approved.
- Review and approve monthly, quarterly, annual, and NAN financial reports
The sitting VP may show at NAN.
After serving a term as Vice President, the VP will assume the office of NAMHSA President for a one year term beginning at the membership meeting held in conjunction with NAN. Please review NAMHSA Bylaws Article V, Section 4 for information regarding the office of NAMHSA President.
All about nominating a 2013 VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE:
**Use the form below for your nomination**
*THE NOMINATION DEADLINE IS December 15, 2012. *
To send in your nominee(s), you must provide ALL of the information requested below. NAMHSA has to contact each nominee to confirm they want to run, so complete contact information is essential. You can either mail or email the information. To email, simply copy and paste the information below into a new email.
By Email: send to
email@example.com. Please put “NAMHSA Nominee” in your subject line.
By snail mail:
NAMHSA Recording Secretary
64 Renner Ave
Bloomfield NJ 07003
YOUR Address (city, state is sufficient):
YOUR NAMHSA Region:
My nominee for Vice President is:
Nominee's Address (city, state is sufficient):
Nominee's Email address (Must provide!):
**DID YOU ASK THIS PERSON IF HE OR SHE IS WILLING TO BE A CANDIDATE?**