Monday, March 25, 2013

Board Meetings: Meet Jackie Moore, Region 6 Rep

Hello! My name is Jackie Moore and I am the Region 6 Rep.

I was a horse-crazy kid in a non-horsey family. :) But my parents did their best.

I took lessons as a youngster and competed in numerous events at local shows - halter, showmanship, pleasure, equitation, over fences...primarily huntseat, but I also did some Western events. I was on a drill team and performed in parades and horse fairs.

My last two years of high school and throughout college, I spent my summers working on Thoroughbred horse farms. After I graduated college in 1991, I went to work full time at the racetrack - traveling up and down the east coast with the horses. I spent time as an exercise rider, jockey, and assistant trainer.

My back was broken in a training accident in 2000, so it was time to find a new career.

I collected Breyers as a youngster as well, and competed in photo shows. I went to my first live show in 2001, my first Breyerfest in 2003, and my first NAN in 2004. I co-host a model horse show in central FL (MITS), which is currently the only two day show in Region 6. We have hosted this show for five years (and counting). I am in my third term as Region 6 Rep, and I try to get to as many live shows in the region as I can (often driving 9 hours or more to get there). I collect mostly resins and chinas, and I love to show in performance.

So, that's me in a nutshell! See you at the shows!





Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment