NAMHSA (still) seeks a new Public Relations Officer. New application deadline: March 17, 2013.
The PR officer focuses on
NAMHSA's communication with the hobby public.
Responsibilities of the
position include the following:
1. Prepare posts or 'press releases' as
needed, for example, announcement of new programs or officers, ballot
results, etc. These must be presented to the Board for review and then posted
by the PR person.
2. Convert Board Minutes into the NAMHSA News twice a
month. The News is created, presented to the Board for review, then posted by
the PR person.
3. Act as moderator of the NAMHSA-Discussion Yahoo group.
This job includes approving (or rejecting) membership applications and posts
in a timely manner.
4. Answer general NAMHSA questions as
5. Maintain the NAMHSA Facebook page. Maintenance of this page
includes posting NAMHSA News and other announcements.
The PR officer
is an appointed, non-voting position with a term of three years
(reappointment possible). The PR officer is nominated by the NAMHSA President
and must be confirmed by the Board of Directors. The PR person may show at
NAN and participate in all other NAMHSA activities.
qualifications for this position include: Willingness to keep up with all
NAMHSA Board discussions, reliable email access, and the ability to check
email nearly every day. Good writing skills are critical. Experience with
Facebook, Model Horse Blab, and public relations are also desirable. The time
commitment varies, but generally, the PR person must keep up with board
discussions so some time is required to read and respond to email nearly
To apply for this position, please send the following information
to Vice President Carra McClelland at firstname.lastname@example.org by March
1. Your name, email address, and phone number
- A description of your model horse hobby
- A description of any experience you have that is relevant to the
- An overview of your ability to commit time to this position over
the next three years.
3. Additionally, every candidate will be asked
to prepare a writing sample, topic to be provided after application has been
submitted and due within a specific time period.
Thank you for your
interest in NAMHSA!