Monday, April 8, 2013

Board Meetings - Meet Chris Wallbruch, Region 8 Rep

I formally entered the hobby in 1986. I had always collected model horses, but one day the classified ads in Horse Illustrated caught my eye and I sent correspondence to another shower. The collecting bug grew, and when I entered my first live show in 1993, I was officially hooked! Since that time, I have been a frequent live show entrant, Region 8 and Region 4 judge, and am the hostess for Meows and Minis, one of the longest running shows in Region 8. I have been associated with NAMHSA for many years, holding the positions of Recording Secretary, Public Relations, MSOTY Coordinator, and Region 8 Representative.  I am also the past President and co-creator (along with Lesli Kathman) of IPABRA, the hobby's premier pedigree assignment club. I am also very active in The Express, a realistic racing club.

Outside of the hobby, I am a middle school band director in the Chicago suburbs and enjoy spending my summers performing with the Wheaton Municipal Band. I am very involved with animal welfare and am a proud supporter of Cat Guardians and Feral Fixers. I am an avid reader and gardener, and am owned by four cats (all Cat Guardians alumni!). In my spare time, you can either find me on Facebook or playing with The Cutest Child In the World (otherwise known as my son Karl). 






Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment